We have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions by our customers. Click on a question item to view the answer.
If you have any questions or concerns, please refer to this page first.
- What kind of product is "Photo ExpressViewer®"?
- It is a viewer software that can display JPEG, TIFF, and RAW files at high speed, and allows you to comfortably rate, select, and view images.
- Do I need to be connected to the internet to use this software?
- Internet access is required to register the product key for using "Photo ExpressViewer®" as a full version and to access the software manual.
* Offline registration is not possible with this product. During normal use, you can use it without connecting to the Internet. Click here to refer to the software manual.
- How many computers can I use this software on?
- "Photo ExpressViewer®" can be registered and used on up to two computers with one license.
- Are there any restrictions on the cameras that can be used?
- There are no restrictions on the cameras that can be used.
However, this software uses the preview image included in the RAW data when displaying the RAW data. Depending on the camera, the preview image may not be included or the display size may be smaller than the sensor resolution. Please make sure that the image is displayed correctly in trial mode before purchasing.
- What are the system requirements?
- The software can be installed and used on computers that meet the following system requirements.
- Microsoft® Windows® 11 / 10 64-bit version
* It does not correspond to the Windows® 10 tablet mode.
* It does not correspond to 32-bit version OS.
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or higher, or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or higher processor
- Graphic board compatible with DirectX 10 or higher
- 4GB or more RAM (8GB or higher recommended)
- 10GB of available hard-disk space or more
- Display that supports a screen resolution of 1024×768 or higher
- Microsoft® Windows® 11 / 10 64-bit version
- Do you offer a macOS version?
- "Photo ExpressViewer®" is Windows-only software. There is no macOS version available.
- I don't know the license.
- Please check at the ISL online store. Refer to the following site for the procedure.
* There is no need to register a license during the trial period.
- I cannot register my license.
- Describe in the details of the displayed error message and use the support form to contact us.
- Do you have a software manual?
- Refer to the PDF file format software manual available here.
Also, by saving this software manual, you can view it without connecting to the Internet.
- A "?" mark appears in the thumbnail area and the image is not displayed.
- "Photo ExpressViewer®" displays the preview image included in the loaded image data. However, if the image data does not include the preview image, the image cannot be displayed, so the "?" mark icon is displayed in the thumbnail part.
- The image displayed in the preview area is blurred. Or, a "?" Mark is displayed in the preview area.
- "Photo ExpressViewer®" displays the preview image included in the loaded RAW data. If the display size of the preview image included in the RAW data is smaller than the sensor resolution, the small image may be stretched and displayed with a blurry appearance.
Also, if the loaded RAW data does not contain any preview image, a "?" mark icon will be displayed in the preview part.
- The "Folder" and "Image Properties" are no longer displayed.
- You can redisplay it by clicking "Folder" or "Image properties" in the "View" menu.
If the problem persists even after performing the above operations, execute "Initialize window positions and display states" from the "Settings" menu.
* When this operation is performed, all the display positions of other control dialogs set so far will also be initialized. Please be aware of this before trying the operation.
- I want to increase the size of the displayed text.
- You can change the font size with "Select skin".
- Click "Select Skin" in the "Settings" menu to display the "Select skin" dialog.
- Check the skin type from the drop-down list in the "Select skin" dialog.
- Click the [OK] button to close the "Select skin" dialog.
- Restart "Photo ExpressViewer". * It will be reflected after restarting
- Is it possible to start the "Photo ExpressViewer®" and "SILKYPIX" at the same time?
- Due to the specifications of this product, the "Photo ExpressViewer®" and RAW development software "SILKYPIX" cannot be started at the same time.
When registering and starting the SILKYPIX using the "Open with another application" function in this product, SILKYPIX will be started after "Photo ExpressViewer®" is closed.
- In the "Import from media" function, the connected media is not displayed in the "Source" field, so importing cannot be performed.
- The "Import from media" function of "Photo ExpressViewer®" is a specification that displays only the devices recognized as "Removable disk" in the "Source".
If your device is recognized as a "Hard disk", you cannot automatically import from your device.
If the device you are using is recognized as a hard disk, specify the relevant hard disk from the "Folder" displayed on the left side of the screen and import the images.